It is within the borders of Seki Village, at the 20th kilometer of the Alanya-Gazipaşa highway. The ancient name of the city, which preserves its importance as the western border of the Cilicia Region, Syedreon, appears for the first time on the coins minted in the city's name during the reign of Roman Emperor Tiberius (14-17 AD). Two big streets cross the city, which is surrounded by walls, and the streets with stairs descending perpendicular to them form the city plan. The ancient city of Syedra is entered through the monumental gate still standing in the west. The water need is met by the water storage pools fed by the natural spring (Cistern Cave) in the south-west, and by numerous small cisterns filled with rain water. The cave, whose walls are decorated with frescoes made in the Early Christian Period, was used for religious purposes and is known as the baptismal cave. In the east of the city, one encounters the bath, which is a magnificent structure. Mosaic remains can be seen on the floor. To the west of the bath, the colonnaded street of the city extends in the east-west direction, and there are niches on the wall to the north of the street. The importance of the city is that many inscriptions containing information about games and races are among the ruins. The statue bases with inscriptions standing in important points of the city provide information about the winners of the competitions such as wrestling, athletics, the organizers of these competitions and those who provide financial support. Apart from these, there are remains of buildings such as theatre, temple, basilica, church, houses and shops in Syedra.
Syedra's name is also frequently mentioned in the notes and publications of the trips made since the end of the 19th century, when epigraphic and historical research on the region increased. The travels of R. Heberdey and A. Wilhelm in 1891-92 are considered to be the first research on the city and its immediate surroundings. Then, the city was visited by J. Keil and A. Wilhelm in 1914. Epigraphic research by G. Bean and T. Mitford in the 1960s constitutes an important place. Also, within the scope of the surveys carried out in the region by E. Rosenbaum, G. Huber and S. Onurkan, the main structures and water systems of the city were also investigated and published in 1967. In the 1990s, research on the city intensified. F. Hild and H. Hellenkemper's epigraphic studies of these dates are available in M.H. It follows Sayar's researches for the same purpose. In the same years, studies for architectural determination were carried out by G. Huber. All these are architectural and especially epigraphic determination studies and are for the remains that can be seen on the surface. Cleaning and landscaping works started in 1994 by the Alanya Museum continued until 1999. During these studies, excavations were carried out in the main structures such as the temple, the colonnaded street, the acropolis church, the spring cave and the port area. The archaeological survey project, which was initiated in 2015 under the direction of B. Can, was prepared for the determination of the spread of the city based on the existing building remains, the preparation of the topographic plan and the creation of the settlement model. With this project, it is aimed to illuminate the phases of the urbanization process and the building remains that Syedra has undergone since its establishment. On the other hand, it is aimed to revive Syedra's contribution to cultural tourism on an international scale with the promotional projects planned to be implemented during this identification and documentation process.